From time to time Arete will have vacancies available. Please see below current available positions.
October 2017 - Production and Marketing
Proposal Date: October, 2017
Start Date: November 14th 2017
Review Date: February 1st, 2018
Number of hours per week: Between 20-30 varying each week
Salary: Depending on Experience
Scope of Work
Arete is looking to hire a Production and Marketing person to work in the UK within commuting distance of London.
The ideal candidate will have experience working effectively with production teams, and an understanding of the international media and the work of humanitarian organisations. They will have a passion for photography, video and prose. The job will require exceptional organizational and time management skills; the chosen individual will need to be able to work alone. We are looking for a candidate who demonstrates an ability to assess strengths and weaknesses of current production workflow and proactively lay out a path for improvement and greater efficiency across all of Arete’s activities. We are looking to develop a new marketing strategy early in 2018 that we will require support with.
- Assist in day-to-day coordination and management of business and production activities.
- Monitor and manage production to meet customer expectations and company goals.
- Coordinate and manage project tasks to ensure project delivery within allotted budget and timelines.
- Clearly and consistently communicate project plans and progress to clients.
- Evaluate current operational performance and provide suggestions for improvements.
- Identify problems in operations process and resolve them in quickly and timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with company standards.
- Maintain clear and accurate operations documents/procedures for reference purposes.
- Oversee talent recruitment and onboarding processes for new assignments.
- Research and explore new and emerging target markets and develop marketing strategy.
- Write proposals.
- Manage social media content, website and other marketing outlets.
- Fluent in English
- Familiar with Microsoft Outlook, Powerpoint, Social Media
- Adobe Premier, Photoshop an advantage but not essential
- Passionate about new technologies.
- 2+ years’ experience in a media house/ production house/ business development/ NGO communications team
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work remotely or independently when required.
- Interest in storytelling, global news, humanitarian organisations and response.
- Ability to edit short films using Adobe Premier and advantage.
- Mac or PC with necessary programs eg Adobe.
- The successful candidate will be given opportunities to travel, edit and produce if they would like to become part of the Arete Story Telling team.
Please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by November 7th 2017